Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Stitcher | Podcast Index | TuneIn | RSS | More
In this episode we are going to talk about book clubs and how to get them choose your book.
- Book clubs buy more than one book
- They have influence, they talk! And they post!
- They’re often repeat customers (if you thrill them)
Understand The Life of a Book Club Organizer
- Super Busy
- Big Reader
- GoodReads power user
- Frustrated that her book club members don’t always read the book and that people are hit and miss
- She doesn’t pick books she hasn’t already read and loved. (or had recommended by a trusted friend).
Different Kinds of Groups
- Formal Reading Groups
- Informal Reading Groups
- Bible Studies
- Meetup Groups (Mops, Austin Dog Owners, etc)
- Online book clubs/groups
How to Attract Book Clubs
- Write a good book that would be interesting to discuss.
- Add discussion questions to each chapter (or at the end of the book).
- Put an invite in the back of your book!
- Email your list about your resources and willingness to Skype in
- Watch social media and when your book is mentioned, comment about your willingness to participate
- Share stories of participating in past book clubs. Share photos! Tag the book club leader and others if you can.
- Prepare a one sheet to give to librarians.
- Search for book clubs on meetup.com.
- Have your launch team recommend your book in the clubs they are apart of.
- Have a page on your website where reading group resources.
5 Year Plan to Become a Bestselling Author
This plan was crafted by Thomas & Jim to be step by step guide through the first five years of your writing career. Learn quarter by quarter what to do to succeed and avoid the mistakes that hijack the success of most authors. Learn more at NovelMarketing.com/courses.