In this episode we are going to talk about how one author applied a lot of the things we talk about on Novel Marketing and used them to launch her career.
That author is Melissa Ferguson.
Melissa writes heartwarming romantic comedy for Thomas Nelson publishers and is an adjunct professor of the New Testament so she’s smart … her debut novel, The Dating Charade, releases on December 3rd 2019.
- Tell us your story … a quick intro of why and when you started writing, and how you got to where you are now.
- Tell us about taking that discarded manuscript and using it to get a three book deal.
- Of all the things you did to market yourself and make yourself stand out, what are the two or three you think made the most difference?
- Talk to us about rejection. How did you handle it? How did you keep promoting yourself and your work in the face of that?
- Talk to us about confidence
- You went the traditional path. What do you see as the pros and cons of that path?
- Give us the elevator pitch for your upcoming novel …
- Any final thoughts for writers early on in their journey?
- Where can people pre-order your novel?
- Where can people find out more about you?
188 The Embers Series A hurricane and a series of unexplained fires hits too close to home. What will it cost inspector Cassandra McCarthy do to protect the citizens of Silver Heights? ”
This plan was crafted by Thomas & Jim to be step by step guide through the first five years of your writing career. Learn each quarter what to do to succeed and avoid the mistakes that hijack the success of most authors. Learn more at NovelMarketing.com/courses.