Author Media presents Novel Marketing, the longest-running book marketing podcast in the world. This is the show for writers who want to build their platform, sell more books, and change the world with writing worth talking about.
I’m your host, Thomas Umstattd Jr., and while to my knowledge Novel Marketing is the longest running book marketing podcast, it is not the longest running podcast for indie writers. I think that honor goes to today’s guest Joanna Penn. Her excellent podcast The Creative Penn started back in 2009.
Joanna is a popular guest on this podcast and the author of numerous books including Public Speaking for Authors, Creatives and Other Introverts.
Joanna, welcome to the Novel Marketing Podcast!
- We’ve talked about the importance of public speaking on Novel Marketing, what makes it hard for introverted authors?
- Quiet: Introverts used to be called thinkers
- What are some of the advantages of being introverted as a speaker?
- Fear drives them to practice.
- One of the things about your book Public Speaking for Authors, Creatives and Other Introverts is talking about scheduling alone time before and after an event. Why is this important?
- How can introverted authors get their first gigs?
- At what point should a novelist start perusing speaking gigs?
- Any final public speaking tips?
- Where can people find out more about you?
- Joanna thank you for joining us today on the Novel Marketing podcast!
Podcast guesting gives you:
- a high-credibility way to reach new audiences
- the influence of a podcast without the work of starting your own
- access to influencers you couldn’t reach any other way
You don’t need to hire a PR firm for $3000 to schedule your podcast interviews. You just need to know the secrets of pitching podcasts yourself. And, once you start nailing interviews, podcasters will start reaching out to you to invite you on their shows.
With this course, you will learn how to become a sought-after podcast guest who has access to thought leaders and readers alike.
If you are ready to get your book the attention it deserves, this course is for you.
For the month of October, Patrons can save 80% on this course. After that, they can save 50%.
Carrie Daws author of The Embers Series
A hurricane and a series of unexplained fires hits too close to home. What will it cost inspector Cassandra McCarthy do to protect the citizens of Silver Heights?
You can become a Novel Marketing Patron here.
Transcript generated algorithmically by Sonix(Affiliate Link).
Do you have a question you would like us to answer on the show? Call our listener help line! 512-827-8377. You can also send us a high quality recording on NovelMarketing.com/contact.