Jim how do you tell if you are a spammer?
If people click “mark as spam” on your email, you are a spammer as far as that person is concerned. Spam is in the eye of the beholder.
How Spam Filters Work
- Before we give you tips on how to avoid spam filters we should talk about how they work.
- How does gmail know a spam message from a real one?
- First it looks at the outside of the envelope trying to answer the question “do I trust the sender”
- Is the senders domain reputable?
- Is the sender’s server IP address in a bad neighborhood?
- Has this person opened or responded to emails from this sender before?
- Is the sender’s address in the address book?
- Second it reads the email to see if looks like spam.
- Is the HTML clean?
- Is it one big image?
- Is there a plain text copy?
- Does it smell like spam?
Tip 1 Double Opt in
Tip 2 One Click Unsubscribe
Tip 3 Send at least once per quarter
Tip 4 Write Intriguing (and non spammy) Subjects
Tip 5 Avoid Bad Words
- 100% Satisfied
- click here
- Google: Spam Trigger Words
Tip 6 Use a Trusted Sender
Tip 7 Avoid Using All Caps
- MyBookTable use coupon code novelmarketing to get 10% off.