Plugins are magical things. Similar to apps that you install on your smartphone, plugins add certain features and functionality to your website.
But plugins aren’t much help if you don’t know how to install them! That’s why we’re here to help. Here’s a step-by-step guide to uploading a new plugin to your site.
We’ll use the base MyBookTable plugin as an example.
- Find the plugin in the WordPress Plugin Directory. In the case of MyBookTable, the plugin can be found here.
- Click the Download button. A zip folder should begin downloading to your computer.
- Now, go to the left-hand sidebar in your website dashboard and click Plugins.
- On the Plugins screen, click the “Add New” button at the top of the screen.
- You will now be on the Add Plugins screen. Click the Upload Plugin button at the top of this screen.
- Now, click the “Choose File” button to browse for the plugin’s zip folder you downloaded earlier. When you’ve located it, click the “Install Now” button to begin installation.
You should also follow this same process when adding an upgrade to an existing plugin on your site (such as the Professional or Developer upgrades to MyBookTable).