Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Stitcher | Podcast Index | TuneIn | RSS | More
Expensive, but the REACH is unparalleled.
1967 the cost was $42,000 for a 30. Today 5 million
Spending that kind of money means you have to create a great ad
- One of the biggest TV shows in the world
- If you have the money, it combats the fragmentation of media like nothing else
- It’s LIVE TV, that even millennials will watch
- Humor sells- Doritos
- Going for the heart sells- Ram Trucks Farmer spot. Mean Joe Green and coke a million years ago.
- Getting the audience involved sells- Doritos again! Users
- What sells and doesn’t sell
- Spots that don’t feature the product: Greatest Super Bowl ads of all time. Christian Science Monitor http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/2013/0130/Five-greatest-Super-Bowl-ads-of-all-time-video/Cat-Herders-EDS-2000
- Old Spice- Your Man Could Smell Like … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE
When thinking about your newsletters, blog posts, FB, Twitter, etc., you’re not spending 5 million dollars, but there is a cost, so spend your creative dollars wisely.