In this episode we are going to talk about ghostwriting … how it works, and how you can apply that to your career and help make you money.
To help us with that, we’ve invited Arlene Gale onto the show. Arlene is a writing coach, and a multi award winning, number one bestselling author. She’s ghost written hundreds of books and thousands of articles. And she’s just released her own 8th book, Book Business Blueprint: Build Credibility, Stand Out from the Competition, and Skyrocket Sales by Writing Your Book, which became a bestseller in September.
- Most people are familiar with ghost writing, but I’ve heard a lot of writers describe it incorrectly… can you set the record straight?
- Talk to us about the issue of not having your name on the book. I have a quite a few friends who refuse to ghost write a book unless some acknowledgement is given that the “author” had help. They don’t feel it’s right for someone to pretend they wrote the book when they didn’t.
- Give us a few pros about ghostwriting, then a few cons
- How to Ghost writers get paid, is it a royalty or one time payment?
- Do you ever take a lower fixed cost and a percentage of sales?
- Can ghostwriting be a way to supplement your income?
- What skills do you need to be a successful ghost writer?
- What is there about ghostwriting that novelists can apply to their career?
- “He who gets the credit gets the blame.” (Thomas’ fortune cookie.)
Where can we find out more about you and what you do, Arlene?
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BookWritingBusiness/
- Twitter: @arlene_gale
- Website: bookwritingbusiness.com
- Mary DeMuth and her book, The 7 Deadly Friendships
- Do you have a friendship where there’s there’s something wrong but you can’t put your finger on it? Toxic friendships happen to everyone, but we seldom identify the underlying issues.
- Maybe you’re bewildered, paralyzed to move forward.
- In The 7 Deadly Friendships, Mary DeMuth reveals the seven different types of toxic relationships and empowers you to identify the messiest relationships, find out what went wrong, determine whether it’s time to let the friendship go, and ultimately find healing.
- We created this plan to make you a bestselling author. Guaranteed. It’s a step by step guide that teaches you the exercises you need to do, the books you need to read, and the writing you need to be accomplishing quarter by quarter. Even if you’re a published author, this course will show you the areas you need to get stronger in to hit that bestseller status. And as we mentioned, it’s guaranteed. In two ways. If you don’t become a bestselling author after you finish the course, we give you your money back. And if you get 30 days into the course and you find out it’s not for you, we give you your money back. Is this course for everyone? No. You have to work hard. But you knew that already, didn’t you? Find out all the details on the Five Year Plan to becoming a bestselling author at: Novelmarketing.com/courses. And, Novel Marketing patrons get 50% off!