There are two ways to insert a hyperlink into a WordPress site. In this post, I will be teaching you both.
Way #1 Blogroll
One way is by adding a link to the blogroll. This puts a link on the sidebar on every page on your site. You will need to have a blogroll widget somewhere in your site for this to work.
Blogrolls are becoming outdated so don’t make this your primary link space. Use the text of your website instead.
Way #2 Inline Hyperlink
The better way is to insert the link into a post. Typing out a domain like www.ThomasUmstattd.com without making it a link is unprofessional.
How to insert a link in WordPress:
- Go to the web page you want to link to.
- Copy the URL. It should start with “http://”
- Write the text you want to be a hyperlink. It is good to be descriptive and avoid the phrase “click here”
- Select the text.
- Click the make link button in WordPress. It looks like this
- Paste the URL from step one into the link field.
It looks like this:
- Then click insert.
That’s it! If you have questions feel free to leave a comment below.