We recommend that you engage your readers to maximize the effect of your social media presence. But sometimes you just need to focus on your book to hit a looming deadline. So what to [...]
About Thomas Umstattd
Constant Contact is the most popular solution for author newsletters. But is it the best? Here are 7 reasons why I prefer Mail Chimp to Constant Contact.
There was a time when I have almost 40 domains with GoDaddy. I started using them almost ten years ago back when GoDaddy was a new website with dungeon low prices.
Now I don’t own a single domain with GoDaddy. Here are six reasons why you should move away from GoDaddy too.
Kickstarter is changing the way that self-published authors are raising money (and awareness!) for their books. What is Kickstarter? Kickstarter is a crowd funding website that lets you attract backers [...]
It’s not hard to trick agents and editors into thinking your platform is bigger than it really is. We’ll tell you how.
If you build it they won’t come. The only way to get people to visit your author website is to give them something they are looking for. But what is that? This article summarizes research done by the Codex Group about what readers want from author websites.
Most author websites go ignored because the novelists don’t know the following ten tricks…
In our last post we talked about creating a pdf. Now, it’s time to upload the file to WordPress. We’re going to show you how to do this in WordPress [...]
Let’s say you want to add an article to your Wordpress site. You want it to print “just right”, so simply pasting the content into a new page or post won’t work. What’s the best solution? Create a PDF file and upload it to your site. Don’t know how to do that? Here is a simple guide.
If you’re trying to copy from MS Word into Wordpress and have a lot of code showing in your post, here’s how to copy and paste without the code.
- How to Get Your Avatar to Show Up Everywhere April 27, 2009
- How to Use Google Authorship to Boost SEO and Reduce Piracy February 19, 2013
- 89 Book Marketing Ideas That Will Change Your Life March 26, 2013
- 7 Differences Between Published & Unpublished Authors September 17, 2009
- 44 Essential Twitter Hashtags Every Author Should Know January 24, 2012
- Are You Planning for Success? June 18, 2013
- Your Book is Your Business June 13, 2013
- How a Car Can Unlock Your Author Website June 11, 2013
- How to Put Social Media on Autopilot – So You Can Finish Your Book June 6, 2013
- How to Use Google Plus to Easily Record A Video Blog June 6, 2013
- sara solutions: thanks for giving the links....
- Juliana Jones: I agree with Debra about not putting down your act...
- Elle: Great article, Caitlin! (my fav granddaughter's n...
- Levi T.: For people who write, there are a bunch of you who...
- Shaney Lee: Actually, we have a problem with those types of ad...