Pre-Conference Website Workshop
Need help with your website?
We’d love for you to come to the Novel Marketing Pre-Conference Website Workshop! Bring your laptop and work on your website while Thomas Umstattd Jr. and his team answer your questions and offer advice.
Who should attend?
This workshop is for you if:
- You already have an existing WordPress Site with a Divi theme and you need some help getting unstuck.
- You don’t have an author website at all and you want to get one set up.
- You want to learn how to make adjustments to your own website.
This workshop is NOT for you if:
- You have a website other than a WordPress site with a Divi theme (Wix, Squarespace, or Weebly)
- You don’t want to learn how to maintain your own website.
- Your website is managed by a web manager and you do not have access to the backend of your site.
- A crash course from Thomas on SEO (Search Engine Optimization) that will help your site show up in Google searches.
- Advice on how to make your website more appealing to readers.
- Immediate, in-person tech support to help you get unstuck.
- Lots of hands-on time to work on your website!
How We Can Help You
Thomas and his team can help you with any of the following:
- Setting up your website (domain name, hosting, Divi installation)
- Optimizing posts and pages for SEO
- Learning how to customize pages in Divi
- Setting up and connecting an email service to your website
- Setting up contact forms
- Optimizing page design to thrill your readers
- Setting up Book Funnel and connecting your reader magnet to your website and email service
- And More!
If you do not yet have a website, there are some additional costs you will need to consider:
Domain Name—$12 a month (approx)
- Recommended: NameCheap.com (affiliate link)
Divi software—$250 for lifetime access
Hosting service—about $6 a month
- Recommended: Bluehost (affilate link)
Email Service—price varies based on the size of your mailing list
Google Workspace Email—$6 / month (Option to set up through Bluehost)
Reader Magnet Delivery Service—price varies based on level of service
Reader Magnet—If you don’t have a reader magnet yet, you’ll want to think about what you would like to use in exchange for collecting email addresses from readers. You can learn more about reader magnets here:
Author Headshots—If you want your website to look professional, you will need to have some professional author headshots taken. (i.e. not taken by your husband with a cell phone). You don’t necessarily need them before attending the website workshop, but you’ll want to at least have a few “placeholder” images to use until you can replace them with professional photos.
Want to get a head start?
If you want to get the most out of your time at the Pre-Conference Website Workshop, we recommend going through Thomas’s FREE course, How to Make Your Author Website Amazing. This course will walk you through the steps of setting up your author website. Once you go through the course, you can come prepared with your questions and anything you need help with!
Sign Me Up!
Ready to sign up? The Pre-Conference Website Workshop is only availble when you purchase a ticket to the 2024 Novel Marketing Conference. You can learn all about the conference and purchase a ticket for the pre-confernce workshop on our Kickstarter Page.