As CEO of Author Media, I’ve coached authors on marketing for over six years. During that time, some of the most common questions have been related to taxes, LLCs, and all the business-related elements of being an author.
Many authors tend to ignore the business side of writing. This is not a good idea since they often either get into trouble with the IRS or pay way more than their fair share in taxes.
So, I have brought in a CPA who has coached authors, celebrities and small businesses for over thirty years. He is the guy that the other accountants turn to with their questions. He is honest, creative, and smart – a unique combination among accountants. He also happens to be my dad, Tom Umstattd Sr. He has asked me several times not to call him an “expert” so I’ll let you make that determination on your own.
We do this webinar every year and it is a perennial favorite. It is perhaps the cheapest way to get a tax question answered by a real CPA.
So come join in a special webinar for authors where we answer your tax questions.
When April 15 rolls around, you’ll be glad you came.
In the webinar you will learn:
- Whether or not you qualify for tax deductions for your writing-related expenses (not all writers qualify). You will also find out about the 9 factors the IRS uses to determine if someone is a professional author or not.
- About a simple tool that will help you make more money as an author while helping make you become more audit-proof.
- How to start making a writing income even before your first book comes out. Making extra money helps you qualify for tax deductions.
- Whether or not you need to form a business entity, and which entity is best for authors (S Corp or LLC). We will also share a cheap and easy way to form a business entity.
- 19 different different tax deductions authors can take advantage of.
- 5 ways to reduce your chances of being audited by the IRS.
- How to avoid common mistakes that often get authors in trouble with the IRS.
At the end of the webinar, we will answer YOUR tax questions.
How much will this cost?
People typically pay $150/hr for Tom’s tax advice. But I pulled the “I’m your son” card and we are offering this webinar for only $15. Attendees will also receive a free copy of 7 Tax Saving Tips the IRS Doesn’t Want Authors to Know ($17.77 Value).
100% Money Back Guarantee
I am so confident that this webinar will blow your socks off that I am offering a 100% money back guarantee. If you come and don’t learn anything or don’t enjoy it, I will refund your money. No hard feelings.
What: Webinar / Teleseminar (you can listen either by phone or online)
When: Saturday, February 6, 1 pm Central
Who: Any author who wants to save money on taxes and reduce the likelihood of getting audited by the IRS.
Why: Because the IRS has taken advantage of authors for long enough.
Will a recording be available?
Folks who register for the webinar will have access to a recording of the webinar for free. You will also receive a free copy of 7 Tax Saving Tips the IRS Doesn’t Want Authors to Know ($17.77 value).
I hope to see you there,
Thomas Umstattd Jr.
CEO, Author Media