You can Tweet from any phone. The fun of twitter is using it on the go.
This guide shows you the best ways to Tweet from your phone.
The most basic way to do Twitter on your phone is by using SMS Text Messages. Twitter actually works well over SMS. You won’t get flooded with tweets. You only get the tweets from the users you specify and only at the time of day you specify.
The downside to using text message is that it limits the number of people you can follow on the go and it can be expensive if you have to pay per message.
How to Setup Twitter SMS
- Step #1 Go to twitter.com and click Settings.
- Step #2 Click devices.
- Step #3 Type in mobile phone number. You will need to add +1 before your number if you are from the US so the Author Tech Tips number would be +12542314517.
- Step #4 Verify your phone number by sending your personal code to 40404. You should get a verification text back from Twitter
- Step #5Turn on device updates for the users whose tweets you want to come as texts.
- To do that go to their Twitter Page,
- Click on following
- Click “on” under device updates.
If you have an iPhone you can get a much better Twitter experience by using one of the following apps. Unlike SMS you won’t need to pay per message with these apps.
If you have a Google Andriod Phone like the T-Moble G1 you can get a much better Twitter experience by using one of the following apps.
- Twidroid A fully featured Twitter app.
- Trak This apps can send your geolocation along with your tweet so big brother (and your followers) can know where you are.
If you have a Blackberry you can get a much better Twitter experience by using on of the following apps:
- TwitterBerry (now OpenBeak) Original Twitter Balckberry app
- UberTwitter Snazzy looking new kid on the block.
- Twibble Moble This app has a different interface than TwitterBerry
What About You?
How do you use Twitter on the go? Which apps do you like?