So you want to promote your blog on Facebook?
Learn how to update your friends when you have new posts and make it easy for them to spread the word about your blog.
In this post you will learn how to make this happen automatically.
The Hard Way
The hard way to promote your blog on Facebook is not really all that hard. You just have to manually click “share” for each post. If you are not sure how to do that, check out our guide to sharing links on Facebook.
The Easy Way
The easy way is actually a bit more work at first. It involves connecting your blog to Facebook. But, once connected, everything runs in the background. Automatically. That’s the AuthorTech way…minimum work in the long run.
So here is how to do it:
Step #1 Sign up For NetworkedBlogs
Once you visit the NetworkedBlogs app page on Facebook you will need to click “allow” shown above.
Step #2 Pick Popular Blogs to Follow (optional)
Network blogs will now show you a list of popular blogs and suggest that you follow five. You can easily unfollow a blog and you may find one you like. When you are done, look for the big next button at the bottom of the page. You won’t find Author Tech Tips featured as a popular blog but you can still follow it.
Step #3 Follow Blogs Your Friends Follow (optional)
NetworkedBlogs will now show you a list of blogs your friends follow. Like in step #2 you don’t need to follow any of these blogs if you don’t want to. When you are done browsing look for this link at the bottom of the page.
Once you click on it, you will go to the NetworkedBlogs’ homepage which is where the real magic happens.
Step #4 Add Your Blog to Facebook
Once at the NetworkedBlogs’ Homepage you will want to add your blog. It is as easy as clicking on the button shown below.
Once you add your blog, you you need to type up your blog’s information.
This is fairly straight forward. Try to pick topics people will search for. This will help boost your blogs visitors.
Fill out all in info underlined in red. You will then get an offer to join Trackle. You probably want to decline this offer. Trackle will email you every day if you accept.
Step #5 Verify Your Blog
Once you add your blog to Facebook you need to prove it is actually your blog.
There are two ways to do this:
- You can add a widget to your blog
- Benefit: The advantage to using the widget is that it can help you turn blog visitors into blog subscribers. Not everyone has an RSS Reader but most everyone is on Facebook. You can see what the widget looks like by looking at our sidebar. –>
- You can get 10 friends to vouch for you.
- Benefit: Getting your friends to vouch for you is that they will likely become your first 10 blog followers.)
The Author Tech Tips recommendation is to do both. Ask you friends to verify you and then while you are waiting go ahead and add the widget.
Was This Helpful?
- If you get stuck leave a comment and we will help you get unstuck.
- If it worked leave a comment and let us know. Or better yet rate Author Tech Tips on Networked Blogs.
- Feel free to leave a link to your blog and show off your NetworkedBlogs’ widget in the comments.