2018 Tax & Business Guide for Authors Course
“As CEO of Author Media, I’ve coached authors on marketing for over five years. During that time, some of the most common questions have been related to taxes, LLCs, and all the business-related elements of being an author. Many authors tend to ignore the business side of writing. This is not a good idea since they often either get into trouble with the IRS or pay way more than their fair share in taxes.
So, we brought in a CPA who has coached authors, celebrities, and small businesses for over thirty years. He is the guy that the other accountants turn to with their questions. He is honest, creative, and smart – a unique combination among accountants. He also happens to be my dad, Tom Umstattd Sr. He has asked me several times not to call him an “expert” so I’ll let you make that determination on your own.
When April 15 rolls around, you’ll be glad you took this course.”
In this course you will learn:
- Whether or not you qualify for tax deductions for your writing-related expenses (not all writers qualify). You will also find out about the 9 factors the IRS uses to determine if someone is a professional author or not.
- About a simple tool that will help you make more money as an author while helping make you become more audit-proof.
- How to start making a writing income even before your first book comes out.
- Whether or not you need to form a business entity, and which entity is best for authors (S Corp or LLC). We will also share a cheap and easy way to form a business.
- 19 different tax deductions authors can take advantage of.
- 3 ways to reduce your chances of being audited by the IRS.
- How to avoid common mistakes that often get authors in trouble with the IRS.
This Course Includes:
- Tax Deductions for Authors Course (Studio Audio Recording)
- How to Create a Business Plan (Video Course)
- How to be a Business as an Author (Studio Audio Recording)
- How to Make a Living as an Author (Video Course)
- How and Why to Form an LLC (Studio Audio Recording)
- How to Reduce the Likelihood of an Audit (Studio Audio Recording)
- Common Author Tax Mistakes (Studio Audio Recording)
- 7 Tax Saving Tips the IRS Doesn’t Want Authors to Know Studio Recording MP3
- 7 Tax Saving Tips the IRS Doesn’t Want Authors to Know Transcript Book (67 Pages)
- Author Tax Q&A Webinar Recording MP3
- Special Bonus: Tax Strategies for Entrepreneurs MP3
How much will this cost?
People typically pay $150/hr for Tom’s tax advice. But I pulled the “I’m your son” card and we are offering this course for only $99.
100% Money Back Guarantee
We are so confident that this course will knock your socks off that we are offering a 100% money back guarantee. If you listen to the course and don’t learn anything or don’t enjoy it, let us know within 30 days and we will refund your money. No hard feelings.