Discover which six magic words will get clicks for your blog. Just don’t use them all at the same time. That would be messy.
August 30, 2012
Facebook page titles are like a tattoos. They stay with you forever.
Facebook is generally forgiving. They let you change your page if you make a mistake or change your mind. Except for one thing: the title of your fan page. So, this is the most important decision you make on Facebook because there is no going back.
If you’ve been reading AuthorTechTips.com, you know the importance of having a successful web presence. Usually that means having a website. As writers, of course we’re writing the web content ourselves, but as with anything, writing web content is its own skill.
Here’s how to make your Web content fit your work AND the Internet medium.
For someone to bother to read your blog it must be the most interesting thing on the internet – for that person at that time. If anything else is more interesting they will go there.
Your only chance to catch people’s attention is with your titles. No pressure.
Most blog titles are about as magnetic as a skunk. Learn how to write titles for your blog posts that will pull in more readers.
Subscribe to the Author Media Newsletter and get a free copy 7 Secrets of Amazing Author Websites. $24.99 Value!
- How to Get Your Avatar to Show Up Everywhere July 16, 2013
- How to Use Google Authorship to Boost SEO and Reduce Piracy February 19, 2013
- 6+ Reasons Why Authors Should Avoid GoDaddy April 8, 2013
- 89 Book Marketing Ideas That Will Change Your Life March 26, 2013
- 7 Reasons Why MailChimp is Better than Constant Contact for Author Newsletters April 15, 2013
- 82 More Tweetable Quotes for Authors December 4, 2013
- 30 Christian Literary Agents to Follow on Twitter December 2, 2013
- How to Market Your Book on Pinterest November 25, 2013
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet to Social Media Image Sizes November 19, 2013
- 8 Ways to Authors Can Use Goodreads to Promote Their Book November 11, 2013
- Starting with LiveJournal and the Soft Launch - GryphonGirl Yaoi: […] here’s an article by Thomas Umstat...
- 009 - An Introduction to Twitter for Novelists | Novel MarketingNovel Marketing: […] How to Set Up a Professional Twitter Pro...
- Fiona Ingram: I find the Goodreads staff extremely helpful as we...
- Pierre van Blommestein: Thank you for a most timely and helpful article! ...
- Facebook per gli scrittori: risorsa irrinunciabile o trappola mortale? - Scrivo.me: […] tra i tuoi lettori attorno a una tua ope...