If you build it they won’t come. The only way to get people to visit your author website is to give them something they are looking for. But what is that? This article summarizes research done by the Codex Group about what readers want from author websites.
While surfing the web recently, I visited several author websites and noticed an alarming problem. Whenever these individuals offered a free resource to download from their website – the documents were devoid of any contact information! Don’t be guilty of the same blunder.
Imagine you are doing a radio interview and you hear the closing music start to play. The host asks you to give your website one more time. What do you say?
- How to Get Your Avatar to Show Up Everywhere April 27, 2009
- How to Use Google Authorship to Boost SEO and Reduce Piracy February 19, 2013
- 89 Book Marketing Ideas That Will Change Your Life March 26, 2013
- 7 Differences Between Published & Unpublished Authors September 17, 2009
- 44 Essential Twitter Hashtags Every Author Should Know January 24, 2012
- Your Book is Your Business June 13, 2013
- How a Car Can Unlock Your Author Website June 11, 2013
- How to Put Social Media on Autopilot – So You Can Finish Your Book June 6, 2013
- How to Use Google Plus to Easily Record A Video Blog June 6, 2013
- How To Do a Reverse Image Search June 4, 2013
- Jim Stow: Hi Allison, I love your book title. I pray that yo...
- Peter DeHaan: I just surveyed my newsletter subscribers and they...
- Maria I. Morgan: Great post, Caitlin! Really resonated with surroun...
- Alison Nappi: This resonates with me so deeply. I can't wait to...
- Carrie Lynn Lewis: Caitlin, Great post. I feel validated! As a ...