If you can’t afford to buy a photo, you can’t afford the fines (or time!) that comes from stealing one. Here are 11 free & legal photo sites.
In this post you will learn what the Creative Commons is and why emerging authors are using it to promote their books.
In 1977 my great grandfather wrote a book. A few years later he passed away. No one in my family knows who inherited the copyright. If a publisher wanted to reprint the book or make it available online they need permission to avoid breaking the law. But who should they ask? The copyright does not expire until 2052 so the problem will only intensify as his descendants multiply.
When our founding fathers created the copyright they did it to encourage the spread of ideas. Copyrights, like patents, only lasted 14 years. Hollywood changed all that and every 5 years or so they extend copy right by 5 years. The result? Millions of books have been locked in paper prisons rotting into oblivion.
Subscribe to the Author Media Newsletter and get a free copy 7 Secrets of Amazing Author Websites. $24.99 Value!
- How to Get Your Avatar to Show Up Everywhere July 16, 2013
- How to Use Google Authorship to Boost SEO and Reduce Piracy February 19, 2013
- 6+ Reasons Why Authors Should Avoid GoDaddy April 8, 2013
- 89 Book Marketing Ideas That Will Change Your Life March 26, 2013
- 7 Reasons Why MailChimp is Better than Constant Contact for Author Newsletters April 15, 2013
- 7 Things Santa Can Teach Us About Book Marketing December 9, 2013
- 82 More Tweetable Quotes for Authors December 4, 2013
- 30 Christian Literary Agents to Follow on Twitter December 2, 2013
- How to Market Your Book on Pinterest November 25, 2013
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet to Social Media Image Sizes November 19, 2013
- home decor stores chelsea nyc: You should be a part of a contest for one of the h...
- more: I have an enthusiastic synthetic vision for the pu...
- Mira Dessy, author The Pantry Principle: Thanks for the step by step explanation!...
- Patricia Likakis: Hello, Chad. So interesting I came across this pos...
- Lisa Smith: Yes, you can export your contacts into a csv or xc...