For many authors the process of building a website is intimidating. We’re here to hold your hand through the whole process. You can do this. Filling out this form is the first step.
What to do before your first meeting
- Read the information on this page
- Fill out and submit the questionnaire below.
What the website building process looks like
Does building a website sound intimidating? No worries – we’ve designed the process specifically for busy, non-techy authors. Here’s what it looks like.
1. Strategy: The most important step! Our account manager will work with you to figure out who your target audience is and what your website needs to accomplish in this phase.
2. Content collection: The most effective websites build the design around the content, so we focus on content next. During this stage, you’ll write your website copy and collect photos, and send them to us.
3. Design: The fun part! If you bought a Silver or Gold site, you’ll be paired with a designer who will create a design that fits your audience and accomplishes your goals. If you purchased a Bronze website, your account manager will help you pick a template that best suits your needs.
4. Development: Now you can sit back and relax (or write more blog posts!) This is where our amazing developers actually build your site. We’ll also input your content during this stage.
5. Launch: Time to celebrate! Your website is up and running. Use Facebook, Twitter, etc. to tell everyone you know to visit your site!
The Fine Print
We’re not just a web design company. We’re here to help you identify and accomplish your goals. We will hold your hand and hold you accountable through the whole website building process to ensure that you are as successful as can be. Our philosophy is that good design is not the primary goal of a website. Rather, it is a means to the end of an effective website. If all you want is a pretty website, you can get one cheaper somewhere else. We build pretty websites that also sell books, build e-mail lists, and form enduring platforms.
We don’t work with all clients. We’re very choosy on who we work with. We only work with clients we get excited about. The consultation is as much about us deciding we want to work with you as you deciding you want to work with us. Our goal with all clients is win-win or no deal. You deserve a company that’s passionate about your project. If we can’t be that company, we won’t take your project.