Many authors are terrified that someone will steal their work. They don’t realize their true enemy is obscurity not piracy.
January 7, 2014
It’s January again, which means time for New Year’s resolutions. It’s easy for resolutions to become bigger-than-life, difficult to keep, and discouraging. While the big dreams are necessary, it’s often […]
Santa can teach authors a lot about book marketing. How to dress well is not one of them.
‘Tis the season to be busy. There are parties to attend, presents to buy and/or make, meals to cook, traditions to celebrate, family to visit, and a million and one […]
In just two days, writers from across the globe will embark on an epic journey. The goal? To write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Currently, there are 143,356 […]
How do you make it onto a bestsellers list? In this post I discuss the key elements to writing a bestseller, including a little known secret that can have a significant effect on book sales.
No, it’s not crazy. You can write a novel in thirty days.
To give you a hand, we will be hosting a webinar with Jeff Gerke, publisher and author of Write Your Novel in a Month.
Should you look to your audience to provide the funds for your next book? Christy award finalist Mary DeMuth asks seven questions to help you decide.
If you are a writer, you need to start thinking about your book like it’s your business.
Newsletters are some of the greatest marketing tools an author has. Think about it. Someone has given you their explicit permission to contact them directly through their e-mail. That’s huge, […]
Subscribe to the Author Media Newsletter and get a free copy 7 Secrets of Amazing Author Websites. $24.99 Value!
- How to Get Your Avatar to Show Up Everywhere July 16, 2013
- 6+ Reasons Why Authors Should Avoid GoDaddy April 8, 2013
- How to Use Google Authorship to Boost SEO and Reduce Piracy February 19, 2013
- 7 Reasons Why MailChimp is Better than Constant Contact for Author Newsletters April 15, 2013
- 89 Book Marketing Ideas That Will Change Your Life March 26, 2013
- The Best Podcasts For Authors & Writers April 7, 2014
- New Course: 7 Tax Saving Tips the IRS Doesn’t Want Authors to Know April 3, 2014
- Authors: Piracy is Not Your Enemy April 3, 2014
- Announcing MyBookTable 1.3 February 19, 2014
- Why I Love (And Hate) Digital Books January 21, 2014
- Iola: Excellent post, but me and a friend are a little c...
- Mike Martin: Great Article. I am an author of a mystery series ...
- Lynn Lovelace: I have a few fb pages known and want to make a gro...
- Clayton Swan: I have begun the writing of 3 books simultaneously...
- Monday Must-Reads [04/14/14]: […] The Best Writing Podcasts For Authors &a...